Made for the Marine Industry
The Perquimans Marine Industrial Park offers businesses in the boatbuilding and marine trades access to consumers, highways, ports, and most importantly, access to a 10’ deep by 350’ wide basin for easy entry to the Perquimans River, the Albemarle Sound, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Central east coast location is within a two-day drive of more than 200 million people
- Minutes south of the historic town of Hertford in northeastern North Carolina
- Less than one mile from U.S. Highway 17 and 55 miles from Port of Norfolk
- 135 miles from Port of Morehead City
- Fully permitted basin for easy access to Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean
- Basin is 10 feet deep by 350 feet wide
- Perquimans River is 10 to 12 feet deep
- Electricity: Town of Hertford, 3-phase 12,470 volt underground distribution system
- Water: Town of Hertford, 8″ line
- Wastewater: Town of Hertford, 8″ gravity line
- Natural Gas: Piedmont Natural Gas, available on Harvey Point Road
EXISTING BUILDING FOR SALE OR LEASE
The Perquimans Marine Industrial Park has 30,000 sq. ft. of existing commercial building space with 24′ ceilings available for lease or purchase. The building has a 46,000 sq. ft. adjacent fenced vacant lot for storage or building expansion. The structure is sprinkled, has a central heating system, and all utilities are in place. Click here to contact us about this building.
Who Runs The Park?
The NC Seafood Industrial Park Authority is an eleven member state board whose members come from counties throughout the state. Through the Authority, the State of North Carolina engages in “promoting, developing, constructing, equipping, maintaining and operating the marine industrial parks within the State.” The Authority has the power to set and regulate land lease fees, building rental fees, and make most operational decisions necessary to attract and keep tenants in the State’s marine industrial facilities. The Authority’s flexibility and “can do” attitude over the years has created a business friendly environment in the marine park facilities.
Perquimans Marine Industrial Park
Want More Info?
About The Authority
Through the Authority, the State of North Carolina engages in “promoting, developing, constructing, equipping, maintaining and operating the marine industrial parks within the State.”
How to Get To The Park
- From Norfolk Airport take I-64 E to US 17 S to Hertford
- From I-95 take US-64 E to US-13 N to US-17 N to Hertford